Friday, December 29, 2006

Went to go see a fight, and a hockey game broke out...

Ok, so the all-day solar paper exposure of my bedroom window yielded a blank piece of paper, but I decided to try and make a contact print of some black and white negs. These are from a lighting class project that Elizabeth and I did at her studio. I forget the name of her friend who modeled for us:



Naturally, the actual print is much more clear, but in lieu of a 10 meg jpeg, you get that squished-down image. I hate dial up.

---

Angela, a friend of hers, and I went and saw the Dayton Bombers hockey team tonight since they had a game here in little ol' Troy at Hobart. A great time was had by all, despite the Bombers losing 4-3 to the Cincinnati Cyclones. They lost after tying, not scoring during overtime, and finally losing a tie-breaking shootout. Mostly, I was there to watch the defenders and maybe pick up a few of their strategies. Ended up just watching the action like every other normal person there.

One fight broke out early, and it was really quite comical since one of the combatants was a giant tall guy and the other kinda short. Like something from a cartoon, the tall guy simply grabbed the small guy and held him out at arm's length while the little guy just swung away at air. Then the giant guy would quickly jerk him in close, land a punch, and then hold him back out again.

Of course (ever the good sportsman) I also thought it was very noble when later one Bomber's player got bopped in the face with a stick and went down momentarily, and a nearby Cyclone skated over to check on him. You could see him say "Are you okay?"

God, after watching a live game, I can't wait to get out there Sunday morning.

---

The third segment here is where I would normally step in like Silent Bob at the end of his movies and expound something of actual intellectual depth, but frankly, I got nothin'. Dry as a bone. Nada.

I could bitch about being lonely, but do you guys really want to hear that same old shit again? Besides, it wouldn't make much sense anyway, given that I just spent the evening in the company of a close friend. Also, at the game I ran into Dark Haired Girls' teenage daughter, and she said that Dark Haired Girl was wanting to see me again.

So, yeah, I'm in my usual perpetual state of heavy-heartedness (and damn it would be nice to get to kiss a girl every now and then), but reality has stepped in and frankly, I'm feeling pretty good right now. :-)

Good night, gotta hit the office in the mornin'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen Clerks II yet? I'm guessing no, which makes your Silent Bob comment interesting. Check it out. Sometimes even Silent Bob runs out of insight.

J

7:44 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

Actually, I just got the DVD. I especially love his outstretched hand, as though he were about to deliver a monologue of Shakespearean proportions, and then... "[sigh] I got nothing." :-)

9:30 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Just stoppingby to give you a hug and wish you a Happy New Year, so ((((hugs)))).

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home