Thursday, January 04, 2007

Just call me Andy Leibovitz, celebrity portraitist...

Howdy all, it's your friend and humble narrator. I stopped by school today to get a few things out of my locker, and had a nice chat with the bookstore people. Bought some film for the Holga, and one roll is special b&w film that has extra sensitivity to the red end of the light spectrum, so the photos come out more like infrared if you use a red filter. Veddy veddy intereshting...

Things are getting a little tight, and I told Lee that I'm gonna hafta be finding another part time job. He said he'd do what he could to keep me busy more during the week. So we'll see how that goes. I did make a web sale today. A single 4x6, but I'm still tickled pink. :-)

In the mean time, I don't know if I mentioned picking up a sheet of thick black material (a lot like canvas) at the gi-huge-ous Salvation Army down by the Dayton Mall, to be used as a portrait backdrop. Ultimately, I want to use it for the large format portraits. I tacked it up on my bedroom ceiling the other day, and tonight after watching an hour and a half special on PBS about Annie Leibovitz, I was motivated to snap off a few self portraits. My monolight is in the trunk, and it's too bulky to get this time of night in my PJ's, so I just handheld the little flash I found at... the gi-huge-ous Salvation Army. God I love that place.

Anyway, of the handful I took, these stood out:




Ok, ok, ok... so I have a secondary motivation. I filled out another Plenty Of Fish profile, and I needed some "hot" photos to compliment the silly ones I posted. I need a date, dammit. That's all I have to say about that.

---

You know, I just had the coolest idea! Hopefully I'll have an addendum to this post by the time you read it...

---

ADDENDUM: ok, here 'tis:



I dunno. So so I guess. It'd probably look better with an attractive female face like Angela's. Or maybe not. Kinda cheesy now that I think about it, but that's trial and error, folks. Thanks for letting me bounce the idea off of you.

---

Ooh! Ooh! I forgot to mention... the pretty young filly who asked me for my email address new year's eve? She actually emailed me today! I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home