Friday, April 27, 2007

That's a good question

Hi all! Today was a day of firsts. Firstly (firstest?) of the firsts: my... well, first Portrait 1 project is in the bag. Nothing fancy, just poses of a classmate. But it's a first! Secondly, I took my first photo for my first project in Photo Techniques & Aesthetics (henceforth to be referenced as PTA). We choose a topic to shoot for the entire quarter, and I have christened an official theme of "Troy City Limits". This particular project focuses on using the frame; half the images must have the subject filling the entire image frame, and the other half's subjects must take up a small portion of the image but still retain significance.

So, I was at a discount store which will remain nameless buying some cough drops when I saw this at the checkout counter. I simply had to take a photo of it:



I'll put a black and white version up at the DeviantART page. It's the same image, but I re-worked it, and it has a totally different feel. Give them both a peek and let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

Ok, so the store will remain nameless, but I forgot to mosaic out its name on the basket and brand on the box of pills.

It'll be our little secret, because you guys are cooler than the general public.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home