Saturday, March 31, 2007

Today I had the double-whammy working against me: I was not only "I'd rather watch paint dry" bored, but also was working on the attention span of a hyper-caffeinated Carrot Top. So I went to the new Piqua Mall to walk around, and see if Mitchel was in her new store. Back story: My friend Michelle (a.k.a. Mitchel), after assistant managing stores over the last few years, now is full-fledged store manager. Anyhoo, I had no intention of spending any of the last $9 I had to my name, but I meandered into what is possibly the greatest retail store on the face of the planet: Steve & Barry's. It's a primarily college sports apparel store where normally priced, a freakin leather jacket there will cost you no more than $15. On clearance, maybe $4 at the most. Well, I was browsing when I came across a clearance rack of hockey jerseys, and came across the last XXL one. It was THREE FUCKING NINETY NINE. Normally that shit will cost you around $80. But I got it for $4. It was for Ohio University (where I shot the sorority bid day last year). Here I am now:


I had a hell of a time finding ANYTHING that would fit over my big honkin' shoulder pads, let alone dark (because that's my drop-in hockey team... the darks). I am so studly it hurts. Never mind that I found an old portable flash, and bounced it off the ceiling to make the photo look good, but it ended up giving the appearance of having my picture taken with overhead flourescent lights. And I'm paying school to teach me what about photography??

---

And here's a little something I cooked up in Photoshop the other afternoon in response to the ranting ad nauseum of conservative talk radio hosts:

3 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

awe shucks it was good to see you :0 we had an awesome opening day ($1400 for a dollar store isnt bad is it..lol)

jersey looks good!!!! thats what i love about S&B's..good clothes...very cheap in price!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Dark Haired Girl said...

YOU ARE HOT HOCKEY MAN!!!!!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's something about a hockey helmet that makes anyone look a little on the special side... special ed special. I may have to call you Special A from now on.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home