Friday, September 14, 2007

I just heard that George W. Bush's daughter, Jenna, is getting married. Ironic, isn't it? The Bush family gets the joy of planning their child's wedding, while because of Bush's Vietnam-nouveau, thousands of American families get to plan their childrens' funerals.

tell me I'm wrong

---

Took a volleyball to the head last night shooting a match. Came straight down on me. Didn't really hurt at all... just a stunning, dazzling thud. It felt a little fuzzy where the ball hit and because of that, for a brief instant after impact, I thought it was winter and I was wearing a knit toboggan before blinking myself back to reality.

---

Ok, how do you pronounce the word 'syrup'? I tend to say "seer-up", while Dark Haired Girl pronounces it as "sirrup" (rhyming with 'stirrup'). Those of the southern persuasion around here just say "serp".

While we're on the topic, yes, I acknowledge that caramel is "care-uh-mell". I say "car-mull". That's midwest Ohio redneck in me. Carmel is a mountain range in Israel and there are several cities by that name in the US. I don't care. Car-mull car-mull car-mull. :-P

At least I don't say "nekkid". I hate that. Or call Cincinnati "Cincinnat-uh"... because it ends with a fucking I. Or worst of all, "uh-hiya" for Ohio. Gack.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

I say seerup and carmull too! I also say melk instead of milk.

4:23 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

Despite the ohio mid-west roots on half of the gene pool, I am from the mid-Atlantic and much like California, there really isn't an accent associated with this area. We pronounce things properly. =P

Unrelated: you REALLY need to update your links list on the side there. More than half of your links are dead or they point to the wrong blogs *ahem*.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home