Sunday, July 08, 2007

(If you haven't already, make sure to catch my photo post from last night immediately after this one.)

Today is Miami County's bicentennial, and they had a small to-do at the fairground. There was the usual carnival food vendors, but then there was a small pocket of people in costume, selling things like costumery, hand-made muzzle loaders, and custom forged iron pieces.






---

And then there was this lady selling brilliantly colored Jamaican hats in several styles. One of them fit perfectly, let my scalp breathe, and was only $12. Now I can conceal my shaggy hair in high fashion, baby! Did I tell you guys I'm growing my hair out again? Note the many mosquito bites polka-dotting my arms. I got eaten alive when I was standing by the river taking pictures of the fireworks.

Yes, that's a Nikon strap on my new Canon. Sue me.

---

Last year right before Valentine's day, I was taking photos in Yellow Springs when I went into a shop and bought a egg-shaped clay stone with the word 'LOVE' engraved on it. The clerk asked me if I was buying it for my girlfriend, and I said that no, I was attempting to attract love. I placed it in a little clip-on pouch on my backpack (presumably for cell phones), and then promptly forgot about it.

... until today. Then it struck me as I was driving home from the bicentennial: when exactly did I meet Dark Haired Girl? I looked back over my posts. It was Wednesday the 23rd of february... about two weeks after I bought the stone. This newly-discovered coincidence overwhelms me.

At the bicentennial, I bought a simple wood jewelry box for her without any real intention of putting anything into it. I'm going to put the stone in it and give it to her when she gets back this afternoon. I can't wait.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Oh andy, that is such a sweet gift to give her. It makes me melt.

No humidity here thank God or I wouldn't survive for sure! For now, I'm hanging in there.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dark Haired Girl said...

Nan you are so right .. there could not be a sweeter gift to welcome me back from a few days away...it is a wonderful symbol of real love, it really does grow when it is unconditional and built with true friendship, acceptance and admiration. The wonderful man in my life is upstairs asleep in my bed (yeah) and I am too awake after a 4 espresso shots..and a bit of cream!!!

12:08 AM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

Ok that hat has got to go. Way too gay. Gayer still when paired with that shirt.

Blah blah blah nice gift blah blah blah.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home