Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hi guys. Dark Haired Girl has been away since wednesday to visit family in Pennsylvania and Michigan, and I miss her terribly. I've been spending most of my time here at her place, and it's begun to feel more like home than my actual home. I was going through the same thing at this exact time last year with Sophie. I was spending so much time at her place that instead of feeling like I had two homes, it was more like I didn't have any solid home. Like I was just floating between to temporary places to stay.

One of these days I'll have a place of my own. Even when I resided 100% at Mom's, it was just that: Mom's. Now, I need to be careful what I gripe about, because I'm living rent-free on mom's generosity on the conditions that I stay a full time student and get good grades as well as hold down a part-time job. I really am wanting a place of my own, though. Until then, I just can't shake this feeling that I'm 28 but trapped in a suspended adolescence. Hanging out by myself at Dark Haired Girl's has been really nice. I can be online, watch a little TV, nap spontaneously, drink a little whiskey, photoshop to my heart's content, hang out in my undies, etc.

I dunno. I guess this is a good thing. A lot of women complain about their grown men acting like immature children... I'm a man-child screaming to grow up. Opposite sides of the same coin, I guess.

---

Some good news: photography work is beginning to pick up. The wedding photographer in Zanesville loved my work, and wants my help for another in August. I've been asked to do some senior photos, and the junior hockey league team and individual portrait packages are wide-open for the pickin'. The Wright-Patterson newspaper sent me an email trying to weed out some of the applicants by reiterating that the position is entry-level and pays $9/hour. I wrote back maintaining my great interest. I miss being able to call myself a photographer. All in due time. For now I'm still a fast food cashier who takes pictures from time to time.

---

I'm still in love. It's a good thing not to be lonely anymore.

---

Going back through the CityFolk photos, I don't know why I missed this one:


On the 4th, I was far enough away that most of the bursts took up maybe a quarter to a third of the frame. Then this titanic burst went off, and shook the ground:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home