Monday, June 25, 2007

The Chores, The Stores. Fresh air, Times Square.

An update! Yaaaay! :-)

Well, here's life in a nutshell: Quarter is nearing its end, and Portrait 1 has turned out to be like photographic boot camp. Dark Haired Girl has been occupying much of my time, and it just keeps getting better between us. My house has no air conditioning, and my upstairs room has only a window fan for ventilation. Read: my room (which houses the computer) is a finished attic, the temperature of which routinely soars well up to and over 100 degrees. I'm sweating so hard as I type this that I'm sliding around in my desk chair.

I'm assisting a wedding photographer this Saturday in Zanesville. She is an OIP graduate, and was impressed with the thumbnails I sent her of my previous weddings. I also emailed my resume and cover letter to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base's newspaper. They're looking for a photographer. Cross your fingers for me, k?

I've been shooting with my new Canon like a mad man, and Dark Haired Girl and I went to her parents' farm a week or so ago in the late afternoon. Here's a few:







---

My latest Photo Techniques class project is to express time. Lucky for me, the Great Ohio Bike Adventure passed through town last week. It's this week-long bike tour where people ride around 60 miles a day from point to point, and semi trailers haul their stuff and they camp out and have a jolly old time. Our city park turned into a tent city with hundreds of campers, and there was much action to capture. They had a concert on the square where I photographed people dancing to freeze time (much hair and clothing in mid-flip), and I photographed the spokes on a passing horse-drawn carriage.






---

Last, but not least, my brother. He just recently bought his dream car: a 2007 Mustang convertible. If you ask why Mustang, his reply is a matter-of-fact "It's the perfect car." He wanted me to photograph him, so I used the time extrusion technique to make it look like he was zipping down the road at twice the speed of sanity. In all reality it was a residential neighborhood and we were going, maybe, 30:




---
(and now, my [week outdated] joke of the day!)

NASA: Space Station Computer Crash May Extend Shuttle Mission
The loss of vital computers governing Russian systems aboard the International Space Station (ISS) has left the orbital laboratory dependent on U.S. gyroscopes and NASA's visiting Atlantis shuttle, and may lengthen the orbiter's already extended flight, mission managers said late Wednesday


Quote Atlantis Mission Commander Rick Sturckow: "Fucking Windows XP."

3 Comments:

Blogger hexy chick said...

go spend the $15 and get two cheap fans from walmart for your bedroom. Temperatures like that are quite bad for a computer and any cmaera equipment you leave there for extended periods of time.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Actually, I just moved it over to Dark Haired Girl's place. I'm sitting at her kitchen table as I type this. :-) As my A+ certification instructor repeated like a mantra concerning electronics:

"Heat. Bad."

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

watch out looks like someone is slowly moven in with darkhaired girl sounds like he might become a hubby again and a daddy go stud muffin

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home