Saturday, March 22, 2008

Elliott Erwitt is my homie. If I could be anybody other than Andy Hutchinson, and damn if I'm not finally settling into a consistent and recognizable visual style, I'd opt to be Elliott Erwitt.



This has to be one of my favorite photos of all time. He will never know who I am, and I'll never know him, yet he has been such a major influence in the simple way in which I perceive things, whether sizing them up in a viewfinder, or just simply wandering about and observing the absurdities of everyday reality.

---

I'm not big on fast food burgers. I'll go a couple of years without having one. Now, back when I lived in Warrensburg, Missouri we had a Sonic there, and I was absolutely nuts about the SuperSonic Cheesburger. Here in Ohio, I've been pretty well insulated from fast food temptation, the nearest Sonic being well over an hour's drive away.

... until they built a Sonic here in town late last summer. I've been able to hold out for this long, but my will has crumbled like a stale hamburger bun. I've now thoroughly plunged back into my SuperSonic Cheesburger addiction like a meth fiend.

God, they're good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to the chili frito wrap at Sonic, I'm so ashamed to admit it and soooo thankful the nearest Sonic is a good three to four hours away.

I've even had them for breakfast.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Ha! There's a Sonic at the end of my street! We call it Scronic! I get so tired of it! I actually worked at Sonic as a carhop when I was in high school in Denison. I think I made more money then than I do now! How ironic, and very troubling! :)

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home