Wednesday, March 19, 2008

When being alone isn't so bad.

I was bored tonight, so I called up Ruben. It's my "friday night" (having the next two days off), and also payday. We went to the Awful Waffle for some coffee, and I was hungry. Several cups of coffee and a chicken sandwich later, we ended up at M's. It's raining, and is supposed to through tonight, so I stopped off at the dollar store along the way and bought a $5 golf umbrella. I'd also worn my rubber boots that Dark Haired Girl had gotten me for Christmas. I planned on drinking at M's, and didn't want to risk getting pulled over afterward.

It was karaoke night at M's, and we hung out with Ruben's friends. He had to leave early due to having jury duty early in the morning, so I drove him home and came back. Two pints of Guiness later, I sang Marcy Playground's "Sex and Candy". I spent the rest of the night sitting back, sipping lots of beer, and enjoying the quite stellar vocal performances. It wasn't a wild night... just slow, low key, and nice and comfortable. Upon the bartender's request we finish our drinks at 1:30-ish, I paid up and walked over to the Speedway gas station to get some Powerade to prevent searing leg cramps later tonight, a hot dog to put in the ol' stomach, and ended up chatting with the clerk to whom I'm a regular.

It's a humid 52 degrees outside, and I just came in from the most enjoyable midnight stroll through the dark empty streets of my town, splashing through puddles in my boots and listening to the sound of the rain hitting my new umbrella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home