Saturday, April 05, 2008

Things have been quite busy over here lately. First off, I decided the other day that since I have several pressing gigs that require certain equipment, and no move-out from the parents' house in sight, I'd invest my nest egg in some desperately needed gear. I now have a nice on-camera (hot shoe) flash with a dome diffuser, and a backpack sling style camera bag, with room for my new accessories and expansion. Now I don't look like I'm carrying my camera around in a purse.

Here's a photographic run-down of what's been going on lately...

---
The band photography is going well. The name is definitely getting around out there.





I've also been hanging out quite a lot with Ruben, Zen Master and All-Around Swell Guy. This was taken at the Awful Waffle with my new flash and diffuser, despite the camera being right in his face. Thought it fit his whole "brooding writer" mystique and persona.



---

Shot a wedding today. The groom's sister called me a week ago saying they needed basic photos, so I did a budget package with formals and some ceremony coverage, but not the reception. There was one hallway, though, with fantastic window light, and I "borrowed" the bride before the ceremony.





I tend not to be a fan of selective coloration, but it's all the rage lately, so I figured I'd try to do one that was subtle.

And making her world premiere for the FIRST TIME EVER! on this blog, I present to you a photo of Dark Haired Girl in her bug-eye fashion sunglasses and oh-so-sacred Steelers hat:



She agreed that enough of her face is obscured not to link her with all the crazy things I've said about her in the last two years. Now that you've formed solid pictures in your heads of what she looks like, I now give you a vague idea what she really looks like.

---

On the drive home from the wedding this evening, I started feeling lonely. Dark Haired Girl is away visiting family in Michigan, so I called Angela just to hear a familiar voice. Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to talk to her since her car wreck and resulting severe konk to the head. She and I used to have some real heart-to-hearts, but nowadays her mind is way out in left field. It's really difficult to have a substantial conversation. I still call to check up on her, and pick her up to drive her around and get her out of the house every now and then, but it's just not the same as it used to be.

I want to get married. I do. I should be a total marriage-phobe considering what I've been through, but I want to start a family. It's a strange blend of sweetness and sadness watching others look so in love.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andy darling do you remember me, Stacy (the rock n roll chick). I am over on MySpace... my email is stacyarrington@verizon.net

I am a concert journalist now and photographer...www.stacyarrington.com

Oh, rocker hubby and I had a baby, she is now almost 10 months old!

I hope to hear from you. I always enjoyed our chats!
Stacy

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jeremy B. said...

Here is a nifty site I thought you might enjoy!

http://strobist.blogspot.com/

12:18 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

I am actually a fan of the selective coloring if it's done right and in that photo it's lovely. However, the bride looks pissed the fuck off in that one. Yikes!

Angela - please keep seeing her like you are. Yes, it's different and strained, but it means more than you know and there's a chance you'll have your friend back to normal at some point. I speak from experience and much more severe car accident was involved.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

I know how you feel about the wanting to get married thing. I never thought I would want to again and then suddenly out of no where I needed to. And I really want to start a family as well. I guess it's our biological clocks!
I see happy couples with little happy children living happy little lives. I want that.
How does Dark Haired Girl feel about getting married and such?

10:19 PM  
Blogger Callahan Photography said...

I am seriously your biggest blog fan right now. Your a good writer :) Nice work and also your photography looks great as always. I miss ya.

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home