Thursday, March 27, 2008

Went and played hockey wednesday night for the first time since about this time last year. I must say, I was pretty pleased with my performance. My skates loosened up a little during, so I did a fair bit of stumbling around when I had to take off quickly, but otherwise, I pulled off several productive moves. One guy was making a break for our goalie, and I got alongside him and kept lifting his stick up with mine so he couldn't shoot it. I rock.

Now, I wasn't "checking out" other guys or anything, but you can't help but notice these things when you're in a small locker room with a dozen other naked guys. Maybe it's a testosterone level thing with these guys who've been playing hockey since they could walk, but they all had huge shlongs, man. Let me tell you, I was feeling *quite* inadequate.

At least mine's a smaller target for flying hockey pucks. :-P

---

In other news, I had a job interview today at a department store portrait studio. During the interview, the manager said she really wanted to hire me because of my open availability, education and experience, and that I was such a great guy.

Of course she could only offer me part time hours at minimum wage. Fairfield Commons mall is just under an hour's drive away. That paycheck wouldn't cover the gas bill.

Dammit. I've had exactly two interviews since graduating last December. One with the Highway Patrol, the position at which was nixed by the governor, and today's. She was offering me the job on the spot, and I had to say no.

2 Comments:

Blogger hexy chick said...

Weren't you complaining a few months ago about another department store requiring experience to hire on? Wouldn't this get your foot in the door for something like that? If it's part time can't you do that and another job that pays more? I'm failing to see the problem with something that jump starts you.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

Ha! I'm so in your boat on this! I've got a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and am going to grad school and can't get a decent job to save my life! By decent job, I mean something more than 9 bucks and hour with some benefits!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home