Wednesday, June 18, 2008

You know, I'd said almost the exact same thing, word for word, in the previous post as I did in the post the day Sophie broke up with me. Amazing how the two feel so much alike... being dumped, and being separated by a career-mandated move. Dark Haired Girl and I are taking this with extraordinary stride, humor, and optimism. If you're only friends, then there's nothing to break off, I guess. There will be no goodbyes... only see-ya-laters.

---

For so long, I'd been pushing an uphill battle in efforts to get the ball rolling. Seems now, the damned ball has begun rolling so fast that I'm running like hell just to keep up. This is far from a complaint. I'm so thrilled I can't see straight! Here's what's up:

I get a call from the Divison President. He says my background check cleared and I have the green light to move forward. Immediately, swarms of questions and "what ifs" began swirling around my head, and monday I was so overwhelmed that I got light-headed and almost had to pull over.

I'm driving to Cleveland on monday, staying at a Motel 6 (they'll cut me a reimbursement check in the morning), and going to the studio first thing Tuesday morning to finish off my paperwork, meet my new coworkers, and basically have an orientation. Truly, the first day of the rest of my life.

I put an ad on Craigslist for housing wanted, and got a reply. I have an appointment monday to view a couple of apartments in the Ohio City neighborhood. It's supposed to be the culturally diverse, trendy, artsy end of town, and pictures of the place seem pretty cool. It's less than a mile from a whole slew of bars/restaurants/open-air markets. The apartment is in an old historic house divided into a 4-plex, one (slightly more expensive, $450/month) of which was recently renovated with a sky light and granite counter tops.

Best of all, in the ad I described my situation, so the guy said to me that he'd hold the apartment and sign the lease for just the $400 security deposit, and if I had to wait a week or two to move, he wouldn't start charging rent until I moved in. What a guy! Buyer, beware, though. I sense no red flags, but it all seems just a little TOO good to be true, you know? There has to be a wrench in the gears somewhere.

Dark Haired Girl has volunteered her dad's truck and trailer when I move, so that saves me the $245 for a U-Haul. Plus, it'll give us one last night to, *ahem*... christen the new digs. Sure, eventually I'll meet other girls and sooner or later I'll have other women up there, but she'll always own that first "virgin apartment" night.

As for utilities, I'm not sure which are paid, but I already found a telecom company that bundles local calling, unlimited long distance, and 8mbps DSL for $50/month. I don't have a TV, and neither do I want one (nor cable) at all. Everything I need I can get from the radio and/or high speed internet. Besides, Dark Haired Girl just got DSL so she offered to video IM topless with those luscious breasts of hers whenever I get lonely.

---

So.... monday I called T.H. Bossman. He said "Andy, what's the
news?" I said, "Two weeks, dude." He said "All right! Congratulations, man!" I'll work this week's schedule, and the next (minus Monday and Tuesday), then I'm done with Tim Hortons.

Wow. This is really happening!!

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

where there is a will there is a way :) i am happy for ya..tho i have to admit that i will miss ya

2:53 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

I'm so thrilled this is happening for you, Andy Pants!!! Truly!
It always amazes me to see the progress in your life the last few years... how far you've come emotionally, through school, through relationships, through different houses, though the employment chain, through everything! I know it seems crazy and I know you can't possibly feel the same because I NEVER UPDATE my blog anymore but I feel like you're a part of my life, a long distance friend.
Whatever is going on in my life, I know I can always pull up your blog and see how Andy is fairing. You're always there going about your business, living your life. And my how you've been living it! I'm so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. You deserve all the best.
:)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home