Sunday, May 06, 2012

Sunday in midwest Ohio

 You got the right idea, man.

This morning I slept in.  No alarm clock, no cell phone buzzing.  I pointed all my other window fans outward last night so that I could open the window at my head and let the cool night air flow in through my bedroom, washing over me in this hot apartment.  It's possibly the most beautiful day of this 2012 Spring thus far, and I have absolutely nothing pressing that I must accomplish today.

Despite my lack of desire to drink at a friend's birthday party last night, this morning I have decided that a tipple is just the right addition to this gorgeous morning.  So while all of the good people of Troy, Ohio were dressed in their best, worshipping in their various chapels, I commenced to basking in the glory of this awe-inspiring day, drink in hand, warm mid 70s breeze swirling through my place like a welcome ghost, and the record player alternating between Stravinsky, Janis Joplin, Debussy, and Pete Frampton... heart filled with a rare and pure, almost child-like joy and sense of gratitude for the privilege of being alive and able to experience such a day.

I can't help but feel that if there is a supreme being, he's looking down and giving me a wink and a thumbs up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

Seriously... is there any greater pleasure than hearing "Feel Like We Do" in its entirety, with the full crowd applause fading out, and NO STUPID RADIO COMMERCIALS following... just a moment of silence to let the glow linger before putting on something else awesome to listen to?

I think not.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home