Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Almost there...

Hi all.  I'm at work and can't type much.  Pardon the wonky line breaks, but I'm sending this in through email, and for some reason it does that.
 
Tonight is my last night at the apartment.  Thursday after work, the last of my stuff gets moved.  What a rush this is.  I started counting 150 days ago, and it's been such a long, drawn out, and tumultuous journey since.  Now I've reached mid-November, instead of a sigh of relief, it's more of a quiet resignation. 
 
Kinda like when you were a kid, and you were hungry, but your mom said "dinner is in two hours".  By the time the eons passed and it was time to sit down to dinner, you went to the table all grumbly and pissed off rather than "Golly, I'm hungry.  Let's dig in!"  I'm kinda getting the same effect.  It's not directed at anybody, certainly not Caro or Viv or myself... but rather time itself.  Does that make sense?

--
(-: ydnA

3 Comments:

Blogger Kellee said...

YOU STOP IT RIGHT NOW MR PANTS! If you don't we will both end up in a corner sucking our thumbs and bawling. Life has been SHIT to us as of late, no lie. But you have been there for so many people, don't forget WE are here for you too. Email or we'll IM...just smile even if it feels like a grimace and look forward to your vacation! BTW - when are you going? I miss ya-
xoxoxoxo

3:32 PM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

time is a bastard

8:48 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Kellee - I guess what I wrote was sorrow's last dying gasp before giving way to my new life. Thank you for being there!

Plans are to fly out from December 14th through the 21st. I can't wait!

Barbara - Yeah, especially to the ADD mind, time is as elastic as spandex, and always seems to shrink or stretch against you.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home