Sunday, May 21, 2006

You know what? As I sit here savoring the bitter aftertaste of rejection once again, I find myself strangely at peace. This time last week I was in the midst of a total emotional meltdown over the very same thing, but now I find it oddly comforting, emboldening even. Over he last week, I have been thinking very hard on the topic, and the advice given to me to not act like women are doing me a favor by being nice. In mulling that over, I think I've finally reached a point where I've abandoned all hope and faith that I previously placed in femininity, and now it just doesn't matter. With that in mind, I can now approach an entire table full of women (as I did tonight, yay me), say "Hi, I'm Andy.", and after a few minutes when no active interest is expressed and no vibe is felt, just politely tell them how nice it was to make their acquaintances, shake a few hands, and walk the fuck away. Dignity 100% intact. I can't help but feel that this is a huge step forward. I'm really proud of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home