Friday, February 16, 2007

It's midterm time already! Where has the quarter gone? It's already time to sign up for classes next quarter.

Which leads me to this: A classmate who started the same time I did has signed up for a workshop next quarter. It's not a scheduled course, but it counts as a credit, and it basically entails him working one-on-one with an instructor because his stuff is so unbelievably awesome. I'm so happy for him I can't see straight.

Then Liz is entering a print into the Professional Photographers of Ohio contest at their week-long convention at the Dayton Convention Center. I'm so happy for her I can't see straight.

Naturally, being a male, my eggshell ego is completely crushed. Even since Camera Skills (the most basic class) back in the day, both of them have produced photographs that leave me completely dumbfounded. Material that I wouldn't've thought of in a million years to do... and a year into school and I haven't produced a single fucking image that is portfolio-worthy.

So I'm feeling a little stunted at the moment. Like I'm somehow behind the curve. Like there's something I'm JUST NOT GETTING, that everyone else is. It's not helping that I'm sucking ass in Commercial 1 this quarter. I love the view camera, but it's glaringly obvious that my mind just doesn't function in the Commercial framework.

I just feel that I'm staying toward the head of the pack by being an ass-kiss, while the others are doing so by being real photographers.

Bah, my blood sugar must be low or something.

---

I tried to be all lonely and depressed on Valentine's Day, but Dark Haired Girl wouldn't let me. Bless her. :-) She picked me up and I spent a wonderful day with her and her girls. Her littlest is even trusting me enough to get into tickle fights. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home