Friday, February 09, 2007

good grief...

My dear two or three readers, you may have noticed that I added a new banner. It's for this nifty little service that monitors the blog and will notify you whenever it's updated. Sign up today and stay abreast of the latest developments in all things Andy!

---

Today at school, I was in the digital print lab printing off another 12x18 from my portrait project. The DPL is kept dark, save for the glow of the monitors. Jeremy was working on one of his portfolio images and periodically asking for my input. The photo was a Bond girl femme fatale-type image of a model with a sly almost-smile in a slinky dress showing tantalizing clevage and holding a gun. At one point, he asked if I liked his latest change of shading because he thought it still looked flat. I said to him, "Jeremy, there's nothing flat about that girl."

From two seats down on his other side chimed a bright sparkling "Thank you!"

It was her, a fellow student. I must've blushed nearly purple. After everybody stopped laughing, I managed to squeak out, "Pardon me while I crawl under a rock and die." She was a total sweetheart and assured me I didn't need to be embarassed, and that she loved the compliment. Her good humor and politeless only made me blush harder.

Jeremy later said that he thought I knew she was sitting there, and that I was just pulling a really bold move.

---

In class, I relayed the story to Elizabeth, and she got quite a kick out of it. It's nice to be in class with her again. I missed her over the last quarter. Speaking of banners and Liz, she's redone her website, Callahan Photography. Take a moment and check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kellee said...

I miss you Andy!!! I am back and will email with the sordid details - hope all is well!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1:37 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

KELLEEEEEE!!!! I missed you, welcome back!

---

BTW, everybody, if you check out Jeremy's page, his recent photo titled "Todd"... that's the oft-aforementioned Shaggy.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home