Sunday, February 18, 2007

Special Canada Post

Well, folks, you're reading the blog of the newest crew member at Tim Horton's, the imported and wildly popular Canadian coffee and doughnut shop. I be hurtin for cash in a serious way, and luckily they were hiring for mornings. Nice short 6am-10am shifts which leave me plenty of time to get projects done before class. God help my waistline.

---

I told the manager I was a Canadian at heart and just started playing hockey, but I skillfully left out any references to my fondness for Labatt Blue. (Bleu?) The Canadification process has begun!

---

Now, on to the more serious and political. I've been a supporter of the long-time issue of whether to create a constitutional amendment allowing non-US born people to run for president. I fully endorse it! There's one person in particular that I think could fix Iraq, New Orleans, and our economy in one swoop, yet our current system bars him from seeking the highest office. Yeah, I think you all know who I'm talking about:



Red Green.

Some laugh, others need an explanation: He's the lead character of The Red Green Show, an adorable little Canadian sitcom that our PBS station carries. If you haven't already caught it, it's the funniest goddamned show you'll ever see in your entire life.

Tell me if I'm wrong: Pass the amendment. Out with Bush, in with Red Green. 200 million rolls of duct tape later, and he'd have the the world's woes REPAIRED. If the public doesn't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Talk about a silver lining.

---

I met a girl today. She's my brother's kids' babysitter (yes, she's college age), and she was helping out at my nephew's birthday party today where I was taking pictures. She was particularly curious about the camera, and asked for my professional opinion :-D on some photos she took on a recent trip. She was knock-out pretty, had a quiet but wonderfully pleasant disposition, and was patient and good natured with the kids. Plus, anybody genuinely interested in photography is instantly on my "like" list.

Admittedly, her violet thong helped. ¡aye dios mio!

Yes, defying my usual taste for thicker women, she was quite petite, but with this picture-perfect little ghetto booty that added all the right curves. (god, I hope she never finds this blog) She even asked me for a business card, and several times throughout the day tapped me on the shoulder to point out cute things the kids were doing so I could photograph them.

Do I think she was digging on me? No. But a man can dream, can't he?

---



Here's my latest Commercial 1 project, black on black. This isn't the final hand-in, but rather my use of the D70s as a sort of digital polaroid to verify lighting, so I wouldn't burn through all of my ridiculously expensive 'roids.

Heheh. 'roids. And polaroids are just as irritating.

---

Well, all, it's past my bedtime. Gotta set the alarm for 5:15 am. It's kinda funny having to adjust my normally-nocturnal sleep cycle. Usually, I'd be going to bed about three hours before I have to get up now, and then be waking up an hour after my shift ends tomorrow morning. :-P I'm kind of excited!

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

You know when i saw Red Green i said outloud "holy shit!!' because you are sooooooooo right!!!!!!!

gratz on the job :) i recommend the double chocolate donuts there...ooooh those are gooooood!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Ahhh Tim Hortons. mmmmmmmmm Love it.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home