Saturday, April 12, 2008

Whew!

Just finished my taxes. Took me a while to get my numbers to jive with Bossman's. Trying to be as honest as humanly possible, here. Looks like I'm in for a refund amount that's just under enough to cover what I still owe the IRS from 2005's tax loophole that I fell through with the divorce. I was left owing just over $1000. When I described my situation to various tax people, asking if there was anything I could do, their responses were pretty much the same: "Sucks to be you."

Anyhoo, I'm about to get it paid off. Oh, what a relief it is. BTW, I filed with TaxACT, and found it to be the quickest and easiest online tax experience yet, of the four years now I've been e-filing.

---

In other news, I just dropped off to a company a project with 21 mounted prints which carried a $500 invoice. I'm shooting a Christening next weekend for $300, and I'm assisting shooting a wedding on the 26th.

Oh, and I picked up a gig last night while hanging out with a couple of bands at a downtown bar's grand opening. A friend of a friend wants her childrens' pictures taken. I figure, free session, charge for prints. With further bands, they can preview the images online, and I'll charge them $20 and credit for unlimited use per image they choose. Sounds fair to me.

Slowly but surely....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home