Sunday, June 29, 2008

Amen to your 'Oy'

As of punching out on the time clock earlier this afternoon, my employment at Tim Hortons of Troy, Ohio has come to an end. May I never again set foot behind the counter of a fast food establishment, Amen. Halleluja. God is great. Pass the gravy.

All day yesterday and today, my regulars were asking for me at the window to say goodbye. I've been seeing these people multiple times a week for the last year and a half. One even dropped off a farewell card with a 4x6 picture of her little dog, Pawla, to whom I always would lean out the drive through window to let lick the tip of my nose. (Pawla, that is... not the customer) Sure, I shared a few hugs with the co-workers, and I'd like to say it was a big dramatic moment, but it wasn't. Just like the end of any other shift my feet were killing me, I was beat, and ready to get the hell out of there to let 2nd shift take over. There definitely were no tears shed as I came home and removed that ill-fitting monkey suit of a uniform for the final time.

---

After emptying my bank accounts, cashing my last paycheck, and receiving several surprisingly generous donations from the fam, I'm sitting on $1310. I'll be wrapping up a $300 photo gig this week, and after that it's probably another trip to Cleveland to find a place, now that I have enough to put down rent and deposit. My income ended today. Sure, I'll still get one more paycheck from Tim Hortons next week, but I need get my ass to Cleveland ASAP to start work at the new job.

---

Spent the night at Dark Haired Girl's last night. She sat up to watch TV while I sacked out next to her on my stomach. She massaged lotion onto my skin, working the kinks out of my back and shoulders, and I drifted off to the thought that I'll probably never find anybody like her again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dark Haired Girl said...

I am sure I will never find another like you either my sweet man. I will love you always.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Wow Andy. I know it's been awhile since I stopped by but hold cow man.
All the best to you and when I read DHG's comment above, it brought tears to my eyes. You two sure have something special. Take care and I hope you keep blogging.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home