Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy trails to you, 'til we meet again.

Well kiddos, as happened two weeks ago, tomorrow morning I make the trek back up to Cleveland. This time I have a better idea where I'm going, six appointments to see apartments, and enough cash on hand to put down rent and deposit. There is no foreseeable reason why I wouldn't end up in one of them, key in hand by this time tomorrow. Plan B is to spend the night at the same Motel 6 I was at the last time and look some more. I will not come back until I have an apartment. Period. Until I start at the new gig, my time is no longer productive. Until then I'm only rapidly depleting what money I've managed to save.

I'll have to come back in a day or two so Dark Haired Girl can help me move my larger items with her spacious (don't you dare call it a mini van) Mazda 6. In the mean time I've loaded the Mirthmobile's trunk with boxes of my old kitchen bric-a-brac which hasn't seen the light of day for three years, and a few more boxes of miscellaneous garbage that'll go in the back seat. The first load of my move.

I'm not sure how fast AT&T takes to hook up services, but until I'm online at my new place, this is going to have to be my last post for a while. If it takes too long, I'll find a library at which to hop online and let you know I'm ok.

Till then, and I hope it isn't longer than a week (which isn't an unusual gap between posts anyhow), keep checking back. I'll have lots of stories and pictures to share.

See ya.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

gonna miss seeing ya!! happy trails till we see each other again drew :D

8:56 PM  
Blogger Dark Haired Girl said...

Just incase anyone reads these comments.
Drew and I packed my Mav last night...more fit than we ever imagined including the bed, dresser, computer desk, computer, boxes, and many other odds and ends. He is one his way to his new place as I type and will start working tomorrow. GOOD LUCK DREW!!!!!!!!!!! No goodbyes for anyone....just good lucks and lots of smiles.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home