Monday, August 04, 2008

Back in less content days, whenever I would watch Bridget Jones's Diary, my favorite scene of all is the title sequence. You know... where she's there, drinking a bottle of wine, watching 'Frasier' on her TV, and then breaks into a glorious lip-sync of Celine Dion. I would always be so jealous of her, alone off in her own little corner of the world, completely lonely and miserable yet still able to poke fun at herself, oblivious to how wonderful her situation really was.

I tweaked my back yesterday at the driving range, so all day today I've spent hobbling around leaning on things. To frost that cake, I woke up with a raging case of heartburn, and when I don't feel good I get crabby. So here I am tonight, moping around my apartment feeling like crap, alone and laying on my bed watching TV and feeling completely lonely and miserable... when 'Frasier' comes on.

I suddenly think of the movie, and how I'm there now... and have a good contented laugh at myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home