Thursday, July 24, 2008









Phone just got connected, and I'm back online baby!

---

It's weird... I've become absolutely fastidious about keeping my place tidy. I let my old bedroom go straight to hell in a handbasket, but now I can't sleep if there's a single dish in the sink, stuff on the other side of the bed, or clutter on the floor.

---

A couple of weeks ago, the day before I started work, I took the red line Rapid Transit train into Tower City Terminal. Back when Dad lived on the east end of town when I was a teen, I'd visit and we'd take the green line there. To my dismay, our two favorite destinations, Au Bon Pain and The Nature Company, are no longer there. :-( Otherwise, I used the day to play tourist.

After walking around downtown on vague recollections of the past, I reached the park that overlooks the Browns' stadium, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland Science Center, steam freighter William Mather, and Lake Erie beyond. I leaned my elbows on the wall to take in the spectacle of it all. All I could keep saying out loud to myself was "I live here, man. I fucking live here. This is my town."

Guy riding his bike through town. I loved how is beard reached over his shoulder.


The Red Line as it approached the platform. Dude... I live in a town with trains that look like New York subways. How cool is that??


At the Rapid station.





Damn tourists. :-P


Now a floating museum. Dad and I went on it probably thirteen or so years ago.





At the USS Cod, a WWII submarine that is now a museum. There's an old periscope held up by a scaffold that you can look around in. You can see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as well as the Cleveland Browns Stadium. The Lake Guardian is an active duty Coast Guard cutter.


The deck of the USS Cod. Terminal Tower, where I walked from, is the sky scraper in the distance appearing about half as tall as the rest of the buildings, just right of center. I'd hoofed quite a distance.


Entrance into the USS Cod. Yes, it is as tiny as it appears.


Looking up to the entrance from inside the USS Cod. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic.

---

It's late now. I have to get my stuff out of the dryer, iron my khaki shorts, and go to bed. Good night.

2 Comments:

Blogger LadyNineveh said...

love the pics!! post more when you get a chance!

7:18 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

That looks sooooooooo much like Baltimore's inner harbor.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home