Thursday, July 31, 2008

Got my first paycheck in the mail today. Tauntingly, it is dated for tomorrow, so I'm still penniless. I don't mind. Good things come to those who wait.
I need new shoes. Big time. And a plate of chicken paprikash. And a chair. Right now I have a folding camping chair for my computer, and nothing else. One-a these days I plan on making a friend or two or three, and they will need a place to sit when I have them over, other than my ratty computer chair and on the edge of my bed.

Anyhoo, I spent the evening driving around, exploring a bit. Saw a point of interest labeled "Garfield Mall" in my street map book, so I thought I'd go check it out and maybe have a stroll pricing items for tomorrow. 45 minutes later, I finally reached the glorious Garfield Mall: a jankey shopping strip anchored by a Save-A-Lot.

Oh well.

---

I've been working 6-day weeks since I started, and some pretty darn long days, too. Well, since I'm still hourly, corporate brought the hammer down on my bosspeople because I'm already into some serious overtime. This means that I'm probably looking at a nice long leisurely weekend. I've already been told that tomorrow is going to be short. Yay!


---

I went home last weekend because long before I'd even applied to my current employer, I said I'd photograph Dark Haired Girl's parents' 50th anniversary. Not like I hadn't just seen her two weeks prior, but it still was a bittersweet homecoming. Saturday night I drove in, and Sunday night I left again. For one tense, almost surreal, night and afternoon, we were together again stuck like glue to one another... trying our damnedest to pretend for all the world like everything was all right, and that we weren't really being torn to shreds inside.

God, it was good to see her again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home