Thursday, August 14, 2008

Went back to Troy last weekend to photograph Blonde Haired Girl's wedding. Remember her? She's Dark Haired Girl's best friend, and is actually the one who stopped me on my way out the door that fateful evening back in 2006. I miss everybody so much, but especially Dark Haired Girl.

This time the wedding took almost 100% of the weekend, and Dark Haired Girl apologized later for us not having any alone time, but I begged to disagree. With my sore back, I'm a fitful flip-floppy sleeper through the night, so we always stay on opposite sides of the bed... but saturday morning after her daughter had gone into the shower, I curled up with her and fell into the most blissful and contented sleep I've had since moving up to Cleveland. That's what I miss from her more than anything else.

This is Roxie, BHG's new puppy.


My two women, the blushing bride Blond Haired Girl, and the ravishing Dark Haired Girl

---

After an emailing the Ohio City website with a photo, I finally found out who the dancers were a couple of weeks ago: the MorrisonDance Performing Company. Google searching all conceivable combinations of the terms Ohio City, dance, modern, contemporary, school, etc., didn't pull up a single relevant result, but I wasn't going to let it go at "Oh well." I really wanted to find out who they were to pass on my compliments, and offer them a CD of the photographs. Turns out this was part of a summer series called "City is Our Playground", and has been going on for several years now. Their next appearance is in September. I'll make sure to catch it. :-)

---

Also went back to the Ukranian grocery for some more of that awesome smoked bologna. They're starting to know me there :-) They were out of the kind that I usually get, and the girl there again tried through her broken English to describe to me the other kinds they have. "Vee hev kind vis bits of hem..." I must have looked puzzled because she said "I don' know you say in English. I geev you taste." It was the same stuff, only with pieces of two different kinds of meat mixed in. I don't even want to know what it was, but it was tasty so I bought a half pound.

The problem is this: she is Zoolander really really ridiculously good-looking, and I start acting like a blathering idiot whenever she's there. It's embarrassing. This time I'd managed to hold it together through the deli counter and then picking out a pack of cheese pierogies, but at the cash register it overtook me. I could feel my face catch fire as I fumbled for my debit card, dropping it on the counter. Handing me back my card and receipt, I could barely squeak out "Thank you" before beating feet out of there. Looking in the mirror in my car, sure enough my entire face and down my neck was red as a goddamn stop sign.

You have no idea how irritating that is.

1 Comments:

Blogger A.me said...

Oh the Indian food... We went to a place on Colonel Glen (Jeet India?). I'm not sure if it was the Indian food or outside factors (the pill maybe), but I got so ridiculously sick later that night. haha. Felt good after, so I'm kinda thinking it was the food. I got too bold and tried things I probably shouldn't have... but that's kinda my thing.

As for the post above, I do know how irritating that is. haha. It sounds extremely familiar.

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home