Monday, January 10, 2005

Lost in Dreamland

I had a weird dream a couple of nights ago. Although stuff happened between these excerpts, three parts stuck with me:

1)I was riding in the back seat of a car at night looking out the window at the sky. Suddenly, I could see into the heavens, zooming in and out on planets, galaxies, comets and other solar systems with earth-like planets and moons. I was only mildly amused by this.

2)I was eating a very delicious steak that I couldn't get enough of. In real life I don't care at all for steak.

3)Somebody walked up to me and handed me a guitar and asked me to play something. It was out of tune so I tried to re-tune it, but no matter how hard I tried, it only detuned worse. Strings were going so loose that they fell out of their groove on the nut and slipped out of the pegs, or they tightened to the point of snapping. The person angrily grabbed the guitar out of my hands and told me to go home and that I didn't belong there.

Weird.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

Ok, so the car bit came from watching "Lost in Translation" before going to bed. Several shots of Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanssen in the back seat of a taxi looking up at the brilliance of Tokyo. The rest, I don't have a clue where it came from.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Orbling said...

Well the steak thing is probably like most food things, indicating a need for something in the diet. Bit like when you dream you need the toilet, and wake up quickly. Dream you need steak and wake up and have some. ;) [Or rather don't, bad meat]

As for the guitar, sounds like fear you're losing/wasting your ability. Don't belong? Show them.

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home