Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fresh Holga photos from a walk-about in Downtown Dayton on the Flickr page.

---

Stopped by L&V tonight in celebration of having totally ACED my Lighting midterm. Metro Boy was walking out just as I was walking in. I hold no grudge, and in fact had hoped he was staying, but we shook hands and said bye. Hippie Girl was upstairs with Ruben and Jen, and I went up to say hi.

You know, I fail to mention all the good times I'm having as well. Last night we all got invited to hang out at this guy's apartment whom I went to school with. I don't think I've ever really known his real name, he always went (and still does to this day) by "Frog". He's got, as Garth from Wayne's World put it, a fully-functioning babe lair. He lives in this cool-as-fuck studio apartment in the third floor of a renovated brick warehouse. (god, what I could do with that space) We all sat around laughing and BSing, and since I wasn't going anywhere, took him up on his offer to drink all the beer I wanted. After everybody else crashed around 5 and I turned off all the lights, I stood in one of his windows for a long while sipping on a Guiness and listening to the Zero 7 CD still playing softly. I admired the view of Troy's old grain elevator tower lit by a single pale street light. Mulberry street stood still and empty in the darkness, and the illuminated courthouse dome was visible in the distance.

It was beautiful. I wish I could've shared the moment with you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Sounds very nice. You described it so that we can picture it.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

I also checked out your photos. Very cool.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

You just did share the moment with us, sweetie. Thanks.
I want a cool place like that too.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home