Thursday, May 25, 2006

I don't know what got into me yesterday. Things aren't looking in any different a direction than they've been through all my bitching, but even today I still felt up. I mean, I was in a near dreamlike state yesterday, and today the loneliness and emptiness pangs returned to their normal stabbing routine, but even then I couldn't get down about it. I just smiled. Here's to hoping this lasts into tomorrow...

---

Anyway, in lab tonight I redid the spraying-myself-in-the-face-with-a-super-soaker photo. Here's what I ended up turning in:



I could bore you with camera nerd speak, but suffice to say I set a better white balance so the background is actually black instead of somewhat reddish, I used a flash with a quicker pop behind me to freeze the water droplets, and I lit my face much better. Side by side with last week's photo, I think the improvements are obvious:

3 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

They're both good! So who was the lucky person who got to nail you in the side of the head? Cause that would be fun.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

This one is much better and I'm with Barbara, who soaked you? It looks like so much fun!!!!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

In the first one, and for the first couple of shots in yesterday's lab, I was holding the super soaker at arm's length and spraying myself. Problem is, the stream was too intense at that distance and the reflected droplets were blurred except for the extreme right edge when the finally slowed down. To remedy the problem, I enlisted the help of a very cute and charming girl named Heather with whom I was flirting earlier to shoot me from about five feet away to slow the stream. Too bad the stream began to break up at that distance, but the freezing effect was much more dramatic.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home