Saturday, May 27, 2006

Time's fun when you're having flies

Today I drove past the Hobart Arena on my way home from the store. I'd forgotten that today was Troy High School's graduation, which is held at the arena, and the parking lot was flooded with well over a thousand people. Class of 2006. I was class of 1996. Ten years ago this day I was 17, in a cap and gown, looking out into the boundless future.

Ten years. It's disturbing how fast an entire freakin decade can slip by right under your nose. And the life scenario's pretty similar, too: Living with my parents, typing away on a computer up in my room, working a job that pays peanuts, and desperate for a girlfriend.

BUT! But, but, but... now, as then, I'm again able to look out over the boundless expanse of the future, and finally have the power to shape and mold it as I wish, like soft clay. Only now I've a little more wisdom, a little less naivete.

Things are pretty good right now, whether I want to admit it to myself or not.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*points and laughs* I've still got 3 years before my ten year!!!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

Don't blink, El Guisante, or your ten year will be here. :-P

God, don't I sound like some old curmudgeon who prefaces everything with "When I was your age..."

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home