Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I've been visiting quite a bit with Sophia lately. In fact, it's now 4am, and I just got back from doing Stillwater, having spent all evening with Sophia and starting cleaning after midnight. I really like this girl. Talking to my sister on the phone, she said "Oh, you've got the hots for her!" I had to reply that I don't. It's not a case of the "hots". It's more solid than that. Not that I don't think she's cute, it's just that I'm developing a genuine affection for her. No bells and whistles, no choirs of angels singing, no big dramatic... whatever. There's simply a happy contentedness I feel when I'm around her.

I spent most of Saturday with her, and after feeding her horses the cookies I baked for them (which they devoured), we picked up her mom (who's a total trip) and went to the horse auction to sell two of her saddles. Unfortunately, it was the wrong saturday and the place was closed. But we did go into a nearby western store, and I tried on many silly looking Stetson cowboy hats. But, the cheap ones like Rob Zombie used to wear with the sides curled up actually looked kinda good on me, though. If I'm gonna be hanging out on Sophie's green acres this summer, I will need something with a wide brim to keep the sun off my face and neck.

Yee Haw.

But later that evening we put on a movie and spent the entire length sitting a millimeter apart like two nervous teenagers waiting for the other to make the first move. I brought that up and we both chuckled about it. I suggested we cook dinner, put on another movie, and try again. So we did. I put my arm around her, and after awhile she was curled up with her head on my shoulder and arm on my chest. Then we both dozed off, arm in arm. It was wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Awe that is so sweet, it really is.

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craig says!!! I found you again. heehee..

8:55 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

CRAIG!! Email me again... grovermatic@gmail.com

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home