Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Things just keep getting stranger and stranger, and I swear I've never felt more normal in my entire life.

Not only did I spend last night with C.C., the one I met at Trolley Stop, but I also had a date tonight with the one I met online. A bona-fide she's-into-me possibly-girlfriend-material date. I met her as she got off work and we headed over to the coffee shop inside Barnes & Noble. Then we went and had Indian for dinner. I had class afterward, so we parted with a big hug. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met, and she being shy like me, there were more than enough awkward pauses in the conversation. :-) It was cute.

C.C. reminds me a lot of Dark Haired Girl... an independant, strong willed, take charge kinda gal. She even laughs a lot like her.

---

To top things off, the CD I've been dying for over the last year finally came out today.. Zero 7's third album, "The Garden". All in all, I was somewhat disappointed with it. No vocals by Mozez on this one, and Sia's voice seemed... I dunno, misused. Gone is the cool groove of the first two baby-making albums, even though they both came in totally different flavours. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it just didn't grab me like the others. Too upbeat and poppy, only one instrumental, and way way too much Moog synthesizer, with no Hammond B Organ to chill it out. But it is interesting to hear the band's evolution.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Maybe the album will grow on you yet. Sometimes those that you aren't that keen on end up being favourites after a while. Or not.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

I think you're right... the more I listen, the more I like it. Just not with the same sensibilities that the previous two appeal to. But yeah, I'm acquiring the taste.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home