Sunday, June 04, 2006

What a Strange Wind it Was Today

Ok, update: I expected the whole PlentyOfFish thing to be a grand disaster, but despite my pessimism, I have been getting a (relative) crapload of positive feedback. This has resulted in my engaging in three separate dialogues with women in the area, ranging from a tatoo'ed goth/punk to a brilliant graphic design student to an animal lover who owns horses. The latter also happens to be a regular at Chipotle (I thought her picures looked familiar), and she already had a crush on me.

The icing on the cake: I went out with Angela to talk through and resolve a few man problems, and we ended up at the Trolley Stop in Dayton. After a thorough and tough-love coaching from me, she called her man and he came over. I headed downstairs to give them time to work out a few kinks in their young relationship. After a good two hours, I went outside to catch a breath of fresh air and caught the eye (and smile) of a strikingly attractive BBW walking in. Thinking nothing of it, I went back inside and took up my backup piece of wallflower real estate as she had taken my seat in the corner. I could've sworn she was looking at me as i glanced at her, but it wasn't until we really locked eyes that i couldn't deny her attention.

I introduced myself, and we got to talking. Her name is C.C., and she flat-out admitted she doesn't give her full name out, not even to her co-workers, which is understandable. My Mom likes to tell of her college era bar exploits putting on a fake British accent and introducing herself under the pseudonym of Felicia Cranberry from London, England. The idea still makes me chuckle. But I digress...

Long story short, we talked for a good while, and even danced a bit despite her heel spurs, but Angela drove, and was antsy to go home. CC gave me her numbers, and as I walked her to her car, she gave me a kiss. First on the cheek, and then on the lips. Both simple quick pecks, but it was the first woman to kiss me since Dark Haired Girl and I had our fling, and it felt totally electric.

Strangely enough, all this attention is so foreign and contrary to the version of reality I've subscribed to, it's almost somewhat upsetting. It's so unlike anything I ever expected or even hoped for in a million years. I don't know how to handle it, and frankly it's freaking me out. My mind is racing with a thousand and one reasons why these women aren't really interested in me, but damn if you'll catch me complaining. :-)

---

Last thursday's Lighting project, Copying a Print Advertisement, for those who haven't seen my Flickr page...



I rock so hard it hurts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Grover said...

And the funny part is... at Stillwater today the place was empty, so I'm singing to myself loudly in that big echoing facility

"Some enchanted evening, you will meet a stranger, you will meet a stranger across a crowded room. My ass!!"

So what happened? I met a stranger across a crowded room. Funny how that all works out.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Grover said...

I mean at Stillwater yesterday. You know what I meant. :-)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home