Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tragedy Befalls Our Intrepid Hero...

Woke up this morning to a call from the business office at OIP&T. Seems that because I'm so far behind on my K Loan, they're gonna cancel my account until I come current on it. That's $1785 right now. Probably gonna hafta skip summer quarter, and most likely fall too. This bites. Hard.

Fear not, though! All I really need is either to find another job that'll flex to fit my existing school/chipotle schedule, or to ditch Chipotle altogether and find a nearly full time job elsewhere. I don't mind the wait. What bothers me is that I'm going to lose touch with my fellow classmates that I've been with over the last two quarters. :-( But then there's some good news...

---

Met Sophia (the one I met online and who's the regular at Chipotle) after she got of work yesterday and I got to go meet her beasts. I rolled up my pants legs and had a fantastic time trudging through the mud and horse manure. The horses are so affectionate (especially when you have carrots), and aside from having to watch that you don't get your foot stepped on, they're so cool to go up and hug and scratch behind the ears. Her sister's horse Tristan kept sniffing at and biting my shoe. I also met her barn cat, two goats, and seven dogs.

Anyway, after helping feed the horses and goats, her sister came home and she invited me to stay for dinner. Afterward, we sat and chatted until 11:30. She started getting sleepy, and I still had Stillwater to go and clean. Finished Stillwater around 4am, but it was totally worth it.

Today I looked up horse treat recipes online and baked a bunch of horse cookies. Hopefully she's working tomorrow so I can give them to her.



This is Tristand and Sophia. Since she has photos of herself online on her POF profile, I don't think she'll mind if I post a couple here.


I forget this guy's name, but he was super affectionate and was this gorgeous shimmering red color. Quite the handsome portrait, if I do say so. :-)


And this is Tristan again sniffing at the lens (and trying to eat the camera bag). I just thought this was a fun shot.


And this is the male goat. I forget his name as well. She's got a male and female, and they're just the spunkiest most mischevious little creatures. They're so much fun to watch antagonize the horses.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

OMG how cute is that goat! Love the horses.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so cannot read - I read that as "show me her bReasts" and "horse recipes" sans the word treat.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Grover said...

The female goat actually let me pet her. The male is a bit more skitterish.

Oh, and the red horse's name is Parker. :-)

Shutterbug - No, that's just the way your delightfully demented mind works. :-)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Barbara Bruederlin said...

Aren't goats just the cutest? Next to otters, that it.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home