Sunday, June 18, 2006

You know, no matter how fucked over I feel by the DOD, and how mighty and Airman I might have been, I am still a sentimental schmuck at heart and will always feel attachment to my unit: E&E Flight, 509th Maintenance Squadron, the Mighty 509th Bomb Wing. Every now and again I still visit Whiteman AFB's website to look at the photos of my dear airframe.



I miss my babies. I miss the smell of the Phase Dock where we'd rip to pieces and put them back together. I miss the roar of the ground power units, and the long hours spent in the pounding sunlight sacrificing self for service. You've no idea the dedication, blood, sweat, and tears I invested in the repair and maintenance of these angelic birds. Just to hear the haunting call of their engines at idle from across the flightline again...

I was A1C Andrew Robert Hutchinson. I was a part of something then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home