Friday, June 30, 2006

So.... last night I asked Sophie to be my girlfriend. I'm somebody's boyfriend now. What a wonderful feeling. I just grow so much more impressed with her every time we get together. Last night we just sat for about an hour on her back stoop chatting, smooching, and watching the horses. It's so tranquil there. On a nice warm non-muggy day, it's nothing short of heaven to sit there with her and watch the world go by.

---

The title of this blog is "In Search of That Rarest of Treasures". I never knew what that treasure even was. I still don't, nor do I claim to have discovered it, I just know I'll recognize it when I find it. But damn if I don't get the sense that after all my fruitless digging through shifting sands, my shovel has finally struck something solid.

---

Had my Lighting final a Tuesday night, to which I administered a swift ass kicking. Poor Elizabeth. She knows her stuff inside out and backward, she's just got such horrible test anxiety. I hope she did well. Anyway, I decided to have a little fun with the practical portion of the final. For one shot, we had to apply a particular portrait lighting scheme to a mannequin head. It was bald, and kinda creepy looking:



... so I decided to do a second shot where I set the timer on the camera. I walked behind it and flipped my hair forward, resting my forehead on the top of the mannequin head:



Rodney, my lighting instructor, was greatly amused. :-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are someone's boyfriend now, that's great, now you have time to find me one ;)

Kind regards from The Netherlands, have a nice weekend, and no ... I was not joking !

12:27 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

I'm so happy for you!!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Texas Gurl said...

I'm happy for you too, Andy!! The new feelings are great but please be careful and keep that sensitive heart of yours in one piece!

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home