Monday, March 19, 2007

Hi all. Finals for the quarter are approaching in the next week or two. Where has this quarter gone? Seems like yesterday when I was typing "Friday afternoon I get a message on the machine from my Commercial 1 class instructor reminding me that the quarter started, and that we had class that afternoon at 1."

Dark Haired Girl took me out to a Dayton Bombers game they played against the Cincinnati Cyclones last night at Hobart Arena here in town. Bombers lost, just the same as last time. The Cyclones' goalie Cedric Desjardins is a brick wall, man. Hardly anything gets past that guy. Anyways, a couple of fights tried to break out, but the officials weren't having any of it. Not like last time where they let two guys box it out for what seemed like a couple of minutes. That was tacky in my opinion, but the crowd loved it.

Anyhoo, saturday I went to J Girl's house because she had an idea for a photo but didn't have the means to make it happen. With me behind the camera and her playing art director and model, we made it happen. She originally wanted a monochrome image, but I liked the color one. Here's what I cooked up in photoshop:




They're from the same raw image, but each went through their own individual process... the black and white isn't just a mono of the color. I'm going to see if I can't submit this for extra credit in Commercial 1. Fashion photography is commercial photography, not portraiture, and I definitely used the skills I've learned this quarter to make this shot happen. To get the definition across the arch of the shoe, I improvised with a piece of paper that was lying around.

---

Spent St. Paddy's evening at home. Angela came over, and we ran to the store to pick up beer, movie snacks, and something to cook for dinner. Got drunk watching From Hell. I didn't want to go out (considering I had $5 to spend), but didn't want to spend the evening alone, either. It was nice, aside from eating Oreo cookies while drinking beer. Talk about clashing flavors.

---

Was desperate for money to buy props for lab on friday, so thursday (notice how this post is totally chronologically random?) I went and sold plasma. Five and a half hours later, I walked out of there with a bandage on my arm and $35. Lab friday was a success, at least I hope. I think I may have overexposed the image, but the polaroids rock. I see the developed chromes today. Wish me luck!

---

Sunday Kizzy was curled up on a stack of folded towels, and I had to grab the camera. Don't let her apparent sweetness fool you, she's a total booger. I guess biting and hissing is just her way of saying "I love you."



Still more new photos at the Deviant Art page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Oh I like those photo's. Very good Andy.

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home