Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I've been neglecting you. But don't take it personally. I've been neglecting just about everybody lately. It's the quarter. Portrait 1 is kicking my ass. I have three projects due in the next two weeks. No biggie, except for the checking out of studio time, reserving the correct equipment, and lining up models (not classmates). Then there's the processing, printing, and mounting.. oh, and working two part time jobs.

And I'm loving every second of it. :-) I would so much rather be dementedly busy with school than not busy at all.

---

Speaking of school, in my latest Photo Techniques project, we have two parts. The first is to create a single image frame from multiple images... like when you take a bunch of photos of something from the same vantage point, and then arrange them all together to make one image. I've been trying for a week to upload them. My computer won't let me upload these two files. It'll allow others, just not these two. WTF?


The second part is to use reflections and whatnot to create a confused, jumbled image without photoshop. Totally in camera. So after work yesterday I head to a local glass and mirror shop to see if they would donate any mirror scraps to a humble photography student. Sure enough, the lady who was incredibly polite handed me a stack of long rectangular scraps. So I go home and am sitting there trying to figure out what on earth to do with the long strips of mirror. Then it hits me: kaleidoscope! I duct tape three pieces into a triangle and go to town:





1 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Hey, these are pretty cool pics.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home