Sunday, June 10, 2007

Hello all! (all two or three of my readers, that is) I've been saving up since about January or February, and after accumulating around $700, I've bought myself a gorgeous new camera to replace my busted old Nikon D70s. I called up Fairborn Camera and they had a used Canon Rebel XT kit for $500, which I pounced on yesterday. With that incredible price, I had enough left over to buy a battery grip this morning and a second battery. The new setup looks like this picture that I found off google images (but my gear is identical):



Sexy, isn't it? It's actually a tiny little camera, and without the battery grip (the added bit of bulk stuck to the bottom), my trigger finger hit the shutter button while my middle and ring finger gripped the camera body, but after that my pinky just kinda stuck out in mid air with nothing to hold onto. The grip can hold either two camera batteries or six AA batteries. With the grip it's an absolute joy in the hand, and I can now shoot pictures on the fly.

This is not just a step up from my D70s, but rather a giant leap. Of course, this post wouldn't be complete without the inaugural photograph:



Autofocus and TTL flash metering. It's a beautiful thing. Of course, this being a used model, a previous user/prospective buyer left it in black and white mode. This would be handy except that I prefer the control of converting to black and white in Photoshop.

---

Aside from that, Dark Haired Girl and I are closer than ever, and I'm spending the night with her almost more often that I am here at my house. It just keeps getting better, and let me tell you I thought the sex was good when we were "friends with benefits." Now the lovemaking is so intense it warps time and space within the immediate vicinity of her apartment.

This, of course, is not the basis of our relationship, and I don't mean to trivialize anything. It's just that we've already been through that whole swooning Shakespearian love sonnet phase. It sweetly pops up again from time to time, but for the most part, our relationship is broken in like a super-comfortable pair of shoes.

I love it when I'm with her, I miss her when I'm not, and all the beautiful women I see throughout my day (yes, I'm still a functioning heterosexual) only make me want her more.

---

Speaking of getting me worked up for Dark Haired Girl... the other day at work, a lady came through the drive through in a low-cut work blouse, and her right boob had almost completely popped out of her bra just short of the nipple as she reached for the items I was handing her. It was great.

---

What is it with people who come up to a drive through window in the middle of an obvious mealtime rush and then turn their goddamned car off? That is so irritating, because they're nearly invariably the same people who take an entire minute and a half rummaging for the exact pennies and nickles on their $3.75 order.

---

I love how the word 'wanker' has worked its way into the American English lexicon. Even though everybody knows what it means you can still say it on the air freely because it lacks the instinctive offensive impact of 'fuck', 'dickhead', or 'shit'. You'd never in a million years hear 'masturbator' or 'cock stroker' on the radio, but you can bandy 'wanker' about to your heart's content. This tickles me pink.

Fight the establishment, man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so when u getting married ?? with all the love going on i would think that be next

7:32 PM  
Blogger Nan said...

I'm so happy to hear that things are going well with you and DHG. Love those dimples you have Andy!

10:06 PM  
Blogger hexy chick said...

Man you've gotten boring and you don't even update anymore. You suck.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home